Saturday, January 14, 2012

Some Updates

Well, I've turned in the second round of edits to my editor, so things are definitely moving along at a steady pace. I received a mock up of the cover art for "Precious Polly" and it is just so absolutely lovely. Honestly, the portrayal of the main characters is just exquisite and I love the details included that are prominent in the story itself. It's all so subtle and just beautiful. The colors, the font, everything was put together so nicely that I honestly couldn't be happier with it. It's as if they stepped into my mind and pulled out my own vision of everything.

I've also been diligently working on my next project, the series I have planned for the Naughty Nursery Rhyme line (though, I'll be focusing on the fairytale aspect with this series). I have the basics figured out for each of the prominent characters (be they for a specific book or books or the series in general) along with some basic plot summaries. Of course, I'm leaving room for artistic freedom since who knows what might happen as the story unfolds as I write. Presently, I have indeed started working on the first book and have the first chapter completed. I have to say, it's rather motivating to finish up a chapter given my hectic schedule with my kids and other responsibilities. So, I feel rather accomplished and quite happy.

Needless to say, however, I shall indeed be busy. Probably happy at times as well as frustrated at times. But, such is life. Right? So long as I keep at it, I'll be happy and proud of myself. It's all one can do after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment